Thursday, January 10, 2008

Paris: the finale of the mini-scrapper


This is at Versailles. The large picture on the left is the Hall of Mirrors. It was pretty much as I had imagined it would be. The opulence was astounding when you think about the poverty that was occurring in France at that time.
My favorite parts (not pictured) were the beautiful gardens and the hedge maize -where at the 'end' was an ice cream stand. Even though ice cream is my fav, it was too cold to get any....

This is the ticket to get in. It is Marie Antoinette's bed. To the right of the ticket is a castle punch (out of focus) -I finally got to use the castle punch I bought at Disneyland! I believe it is Cinderella's castle.


This is another 'surprise' pull-out. It's the three girls outside of the castle.


This is in the garden outside the Louvre -my mom-n-law feeding the birds :)


Just an embellishment over a happy accident. The bird is SU from carte postale. The PARIS stamp is again from the Cavallini set (see post below).

Yay- this is the conclusion of the tour through my first scrapbook. I had so much fun making it and I really love how it turned out. I think a mini-scrapbook was a nice way to start. I am now ready for the big time: 12 x 12!
Stay tuned.....

2 comments:

M!ssPr!ssy said...

Cute, cute and cute...I especially like the purple bus/train? ticket. That was serendipitous.

M!ssPr!ssy said...

p.s. yes, it is 3ish a.m. sleeps out of wack again. My mother is in town and we gave our bedroom to her and are relegated off to the bed in a bag route, Ouch. I did, however, put the memory foam topper on the bed. and that helps...