Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter!

Eddie and I hosted Easter this year for his side of the family as my family is back east right now. The weather in Southern Cal was just gorgeous this weekend. It feels like we skipped Spring and went straight to Summer! Easter was just lovely with great food and great company. I wish my family could have been there too, but we may have run out of room!!!

I had a lot of fun making these place cards for everyone. I used my Mega oval punch for the egg shape and then cut it in half with pinking scissors to give it that cracked egg feel. I glued the bottom half down and then glued a cut and sparkled stamped image somewhat behind the lower half of the egg. I then used a pastel button brad to hinge the top half of the egg, and voila! it opens up to reveal a cutie chickie. I used crystal effects and dazzling diamond glitter (both SU) for the raised sparkle dots.

My fav color is lavender, so I was happy to sprinkle touches of lavender everywhere ;)

Above is a close-up. The cutie chickie and the bunny below are both from the $1 bins from Michael's (which I love love love!).
I made a special place card for Eddie, as he is my 'some bunny special' ;)

3 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

These are great...love the cracked egg on the place cards!

M!ssPr!ssy said...

Cute cute cute. Always so elegant. Fantastic effort

emilia in Taiwan said...

wow!! these is extremely cute!! the cracked egg .... super idea!